Oily, Dry or Combination skin
Have you ever wondered or are confused with what skin type you have?
first of all, you should know that because our skin produces oil in different proportions hence the different skin types we each possess.
and there are three major skin types (oily, dry and combination)
Asides making use of your Dermatologist or a friend,
Here are 3 simple ways to easily determine what skin type you have
1. THE T-ZONES
Your T-zones are areas around your forehead, the bridge of your nose and chin
So, if your T-zone is:
- oily and every other place is dry then you most likely have a Combination skin
- dry as every other place then you likely have a Dry skin
- oily and every other place oily then you have an Oily skin
2. CHECK YOUR PORES
Your pores are those small openings in your skin that produce oils and sweat.
look in the mirror and check your pores
If your pores are;
- Large pores indicate oily skin because large pores enable more sebum that causes the face to feel greasy.
- Tight or small pores indicates dry skin (i.e. your face feels tight)
- Pores are large around the t- zones like the nose and smaller pores on cheeks and jawline indicates Combination skin
3. AFTER CLEANSING
If your ;
- skin goes back oily after minutes of cleansing then you have an oily skin
- skin feels tighter and dries and in need of moisturizer then you most likely dry skin
- T-zone soon becomes oily after cleansing especially the nose then that’s a combination skin
I hope you found blog post was helpful
If you still unsure what skin type you have, then you can seek professional help.
Comment below if you found this helpful.
for an in-depth understanding of skin types see here
you can also take a look at my recent post see here
Thank you for visiting and see you in the next blog post.