The 20 min rule – The journey to productivity
You might be wondering what exactly the ’20 min rule’ is? And why successful people swear by it.
Well today I’m gonna share that with you.
I personally stumbled on it recently and to tell you the truth, the ‘20 min rule‘ works like magic and it is changing my life for the better.
So, this is not a click bait or some sort of cliche no, no! This is real!
You can literally apply the 20 min rule to each and every aspect of your life you actually want to see changes in. So how does this work? Read on.
OK, here’s how the 20-min rule works:
- Decide on a goal or task you would love to achieve or get done
- Then, set aside 20 min every day to work on the selected task
- Do that continuously, that is, keep at it every day until it becomes a part of you
You know the saying; Habits make a man? That’s one of the principles of how this works. You do it often enough till it’s almost automatic for you to do it, and as we all know, practice makes perfect.
Here is how to go about the ’20 min rule’ ;
- Decide on the task you want to work with first
- Set a 20 min timer/alarm
- Work just on that particular task without distractions
- Stop whatever you doing once the alarm goes off
- Take a mini-break, for instance, 5-10min (to stretch, eat, gist, etc)
- Then get back to work, start the next task, repeat steps till you are done with your tasks for the day!
Remember, the mini-breaks are important so you don’t quickly burn out or lose interest and it gives you something to look forward to plus motivation to work
Definitely, with time if you become consistent with the 20 min rule,
You would discover that in no time you are able to;
- get more work done
- beat procrastination
- become more productive
- take charge of your life and time
As a matter of fact, so many successful people have definitely sworn by the 20 min rule.
Although, it’s not so much of a new technique, however, it has made its way back and in fact, has made life so much easier
And now that you know about the 20 min rule, you would also want to know more things you can start doing with your ’20 min’ and you’ll find that here: https://www.nation.co.ke/lifestyle/women/-How-to-be-more-productive-with-the-20-minute-rule/1950830-2653260-103qf8i/index.html
In other words, you can literally transform your life using the 20 min rule as it’s such a rich habit to develop.
Above all, are you willing to give this a try, if yes, or if you have, let me know in the comment section below?